Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 76: Donate Old Eye Glasses

I just picked up my new pair of glasses! It has been a while since I got an eye exam, I think I am in denial that my vision is slowly getting worse. It is still not that bad -1.25 on each eye with a slight astigmatism, but still it's bad enough that I need to be wearing them daily to drive. When I got to the Dr.'s office to pick up my new frames I brought my old ones in hopes that they would have some sort of recycling or donation set up and fortunately they did! They donate all the glasses they receive to the local Lion's Club who then in turn donates them to people in need of them throughout the world.

The local NM Lion's Club website allows you to find a drop off place for your donations near you and helps people to contact them if vision assistance is needed. Here is a bit more about the Lion's Club International:


Lions Clubs – Ready to Help, Worldwide

Whenever a Lions club gets together, problems get smaller. And communities get better. That's because we help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.

We Give 100 Percent

Our 46,000 clubs and 1.35 million members make us the world's largest service club organization. We're also one of the most effective. Our members do whatever is needed to help their local communities. Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need eyeglasses, with seniors who don’t have enough to eat and with people we may never meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment