Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 81: Be a Patient & Courteous Driver

It was my carpool day this morning and we were running a bit late, so I was a bit impatient. It always seems like when you are running late that is when traffic is the slowest and other drivers are the most obnoxious, and it is really frustrating. So today, as I picked up the kids who ride with us I decided to mellow out. I took a few breaths and pretended like we had all the time in the world. I didn't get in a huff when the light turned red just as it was my turn to go or get bothered when there was a traffic build up, that was going to put us even father behind, at the freeway entrance (due to an accident). Instead of letting all the traffic problems compound my agitation I decided to let it all go and actually had a pleasant and quick drive to school. I even let a few people in my lane when I normally might have sped up to block them. I kept up my driving goal of patience and courtesy when I was called by my son's school and had to go back and pick him up for not feeling well. Though I was bummed he was sick and wanted to get to him quickly I drove smart and cheerfully and the extra drive didn't bother me today. I think if more people just relaxed on the road instead of being impatient there might be less accidents and a happier atmosphere on the road. I will try to always be a patient and courteous driver, not just today for my Good Human Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment