Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 94: Be Honest

I could have got quite a haul from a new store yesterday for free. I went and checked out the new Latitudes gas station/bistro today and needed to grab a few libations for the football playoffs while I was there. When I went to check out the deal that was listed for the beer I was buying did not ring up, so the lady took my word and typed it in for me, as we were chatting she mentioned what a good deal the drinks were for that price and I finally realized I had grabbed a 30 pack instead of an 18er, that is why the wrong price rang up and why she thought it was such a good deal. Now, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for me to just keep mum, it was already scanned, changed to reflect the new price and I had already been carded but instead I apologized for my mistake, ran to the back of the store to return the wrong pack and started the checkout process again with the right amount drinks. Honesty is always the best policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment