Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 1: Charity Yard Sale

I am in a MOMS Club. In our club the focus, besides supporting each other and our kids, is to donate our time, efforts and money (we raise) to local charities to help other moms and children. I have been thinking about doing something, like this blog, for a couple of weeks now, but it was not until yesterday and today that I decided to actually do it. I donated about 8 hours to setting up and running a yard sale with our MOMS Club in the last 48 hours. All donations were made by our members and all proceeds go to charity and nothing gets you more in the mood to give back and be a good human better than giving back and being a good human. I sorted, I folded boxes, I lifted, I baked (for the bake sale), I haggled, I laughed, I cleaned up, I donated clothes, books, toys  kitchenware and baby stuff, I got a sun burn on my neck, I bonded with other moms and all of it, because it was for a cause bigger than me, made me feel like I was being a better human. So, with that motivation and helping high, I am off to continue the giving journey and try to make it a goal, for at least 100 days, to be A Good Human.


MOMS Club

No comments:

Post a Comment