Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 5: Rental Clean-Up

Today was our last day in Colorado for our vacation :( We had a great time, that was accentuated by the fact that we decided to stay in a rental house instead of a hotel. With three little boys, unless we rent an expensive suite we have found that staying in a hotel room is really hard for us, and can make vacation a bit frustrating for all 5 of us. We need space for the boys to run around and would love separate "parents" space. So, for this trip we decided to see if we could rent a house in the area we wanted to be in and pay a reasonable fee. And man did we luck out! We got a 2 bedroom house/duplex, fully furnished, in a really nice little area for only $100 a night! And it made the trip so wonderful, I mean I am now a vacation house rental convert! Anyway, I am babbling about some irrelevant stuff...for today's act of being a good human before we left the rental house this morning, while the kids played, I cleaned the house as if we had not been there, I'm talking sweeping, vacuuming, glass cleaning, surface sanitizing, the works. Yes, there was a cleaning fee that we paid, but I felt like it was least I could do to give back for such an amazing experience. And in case anyone is wondering we found the vacation rental on an awesome website a friend turned me onto called VRBO, which is vacation rentals by owner- it worked great for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment