Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 4: Compliment a Stranger

I just noticed that all these posts I am making are going to post with today's date, that is because unfortunately our rental's internet had some issues and we have been webless for a while. The bugs have been fixed and we are back online today, YAY! Today we spent our day around Downtown Denver. There are a ton of things that can be down to help others, especially in a downtown area, but my husband challenged me to do something that didn't cost any money. It took me  quite a while today to figure what I could do for free. I finally came up with a most basic plan. I complimented, sincerely complimented, 5 people. That may seem like a walk in the park for some people but I tend to be quite reserved when it comes to talking to new people and quite tight lipped on the compliments even when I know someone super well. This was such a great step outside myself and I really enjoyed it. I was able to, by noticing something small about someone, start little conversations and fill my bank of smiles up a little. It was something that I will  personally be trying to do much more often. I loved learning that Nancy got her purse from her daughter for mother's day and looks forward every year to getting a new one to sport proudly and that Bill loves walking his dog Gracie and letting them both get daily fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment