Friday, October 21, 2011

A Good Human Movement

My name is Angela. I am a stay at home mom of 3 boys, ages 6, 3 1/2 and 1. I am a good mom, not perfect by a long shot, but good. I am married to my high school sweetheart, we have been married for 8 happy years and been together for 12, I try to be a good wife, some days I surpass that and unfortunately others I don't quite reach it, but in general I am a good wife. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother, not all with whom I am extremely close, but all of whom I respect for their individuality and love tremendously, I am a good sister. I have a small group of friends that I could not be happier to share small adventures and activities with, I am a good friend.

I am about to be 30 and have recently found myself having a 1/3 life crisis. I feel like I am missing a piece of life that I should be focusing on. I am a good wife, mother, sister and friend. But I have found myself wondering, am I a good human? All of the things I do in my life are centered around myself and my family, which is wonderful, but I feel like I can do more. I need to help the needy, maybe my neighbors, perhaps the planet. I need to use what I am good at and help where I can. I am not trying to save the world, but I need to do my part to make it a place worth living.

I have decided to try my hand at a new idea to make this a reality. I want to put my desires  and efforts down permanently so that it will be easier for me to follow through and not just talk a pretty picture. I am going to try to be a good human daily for 100 days. Being a good human can mean a million different things and I am going to try to tap into those and do 1 thing a day. For myself,  I am going to start A Good Human Movement. I would love if anyone wants to join me in this movement or would like to share their ideas on what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment