Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 2: A Quick Bathroom Clean-up

After my motivating yard sale day we headed out of town the next morning. With 3 kids in the car on a long drive I thought maybe I should postpone my movement until after we got back from our trip, so I didn't go out of my way to do anything to be a better human :( There were probably a hundred things I could have done, but my mind was preoccupied and I took the easy way of just thinking of myself and my family. The next morning I woke up with the guilt of skipping a day in a journey that I just started and that I really feel is important. All the things I could have done came to me in my dreams and I decided that vacation or not, or rather, especially because we are lucky enough to be able to go on a vacation, that being a good human shouldn't wait until I am ready. So the next day as we headed about our sightseeing I decided to keep going and do 2 things, one for day 3 and one to make up for missing day 2. It felt great and I was able to get my kids in on the actions too, which was amazing and really emphasized the message this movement could have on myself, my boys and anyone else who takes the time to give it a try.

So, for my day 2 project I cleaned up a very public and very dirty bathroom. Ya, not the funnest task, but quite a quick fix. I picked up loads of paper towels that had been carelessly thrown on the floor, washed, dried and removed all the trash from the sinks and washed down the mirror and door nob. In total, after completely santizing my hands after my work (I am quite a germaphobe), I was probably done in 5-7 minutes and left the bathroom looking much better than when I entered. It was Toileriffic!

No comments:

Post a Comment