Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 42: "Adopt" a Child for Christmas

Happy December!! Our MOMS Club does many service projects throughout the year and for the Holiday season one of them is "adopting" some kids for Christmas, or giving gifts of clothes and toys to kids who are in need. We were given the names of 15 kiddos, from a local Church, that need toys or clothes for Christmas this year and our family is lucky enough to be able to provide the things on one little girl's wish list. We chose to do a little girl because I thought it would be fun shopping for girls' clothes, since we have three boys, but man was I wrong :)! Shopping is not my forte and girl shopping, wow, there are a trillion more choices making it so much more overwhelming.  At least I had Calon and Daxon with me, they were good helpers in making decisions for me and I think we came out of the store with some cute and useful stuff!! It is such a nice thing to be able to do, I have very fond memories of doing the same thing every Christmas growing up with my family and also at school. It is a great to be able to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment