Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 72: Make an Anonymous Special Delivery

Yesterday I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers for my birthday from my mom. Right before I got her box I got a call from the wonderful lady renting our other house saying flowers had been delivered to me there also. Now who would be sending me flowers and still have that old address?! So, I went over to pick them up, had a lovely chat, and when I got back and opened them both I realized they were both from my mom, exact same order, same message... I was a bit confused. My mom explained that when she placed the order she didn't realize she still had our old address in the system and when she called the company to change the address over they said it was too late to change it but since she was a loyal customer they would send another order to the correct address. (Very nice of the ProFlowers company!) My mom didn't want to call me and ruin the surprise and let me know to just go get the original bouquet from our tenants and wasn't sure if they would be in town or at all able to get them to me... Any way to make this story a bit shorter, I opened, cut, vased, flower fed and decorated my counter with both bouquets. Then I chatted with my mom and we came up with a great idea, that I did for my Good Human Act today...I put some ribbon around one of the vases with a simple note wishing a wonderful New Year and ding dong ditched one of the bouquets to a lovely family in our neighborhood. I am glad the flower company and my mom allowed me to give such a nice special delivery to someone! And thanks Mom for my bouquet!

ProFlowers picture of the bouquets I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment