Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 47: Chat With Strangers in Line

Tis the season to wait in lines, especially at the post office and waiting in line can be down right frustrating. So, today when I expected to be in line for 5 minutes then quickly realized it would be a lot longer I decided that instead of texting or emailing on my phone I would chat with the people who were waiting in line too! It made the time go much faster and it was fun learning a little bit about someone new. One older gentleman I was standing next to was sending a package to his son he hasn't seen in 10 years because he is a busy GI that has been stationed everywhere you can think of for the last decade. Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany- he couldn't even remember all the places his son has been but he was more than happy to stand in line to send his package out letting him know that he is loved and appreciated. It was wonderful experience and made waiting much more enjoyable and meaningful!

No comments:

Post a Comment