Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 14: Trash Day Put Away

Ok, I think I am obsessed with trash this week :) Which is ironic because trash is my least favorite household chore, the one I more than happily hand over to my husband, and by hand over I mean beg that he does.  But today we were walking to get the mail and a trash related memory from probably 51/2 years ago popped into my mind. I was a first time mom, with a baby just a few months old, my husband was out of town, for just a short trip, and it  just happened to fall over trash day- which meant I had to empty the house trashes and bring the big suckers to the street, boo! I did it, reluctantly, and when I went out to bring them back in later in the day, someone else, I still am not sure who, had pulled my trashes up to garage. It was such a simple thing, but I was tickled and the memory of it has stuck around like glue! So, today after having this memory, and it being trash day in our neighborhood, I thought I could pay that favor, from long ago, forward as my Good Human Act. I was able to pull the trash and recyclable bins of 12 of my neighbors up to their garages today.

No comments:

Post a Comment