Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 18: Send a Caring Card

Today my middle son and I made a card for a family we know that are experiencing a rough time right now with extended family. We just sent them a little note, with some stickers for their daughter, my son's idea, to let them know we were thinking of them or are here if they ever need anything. I am sending this card as part of a "Thoughtful Tree", an idea the current President of my MOMS Club came up with, to support members who are going through something difficult. If they are not in need of meals being brought, or kids being watched, or any other service the other Moms can provide she came up with having members, who want to sign up throughout the month, just send a little letter in the mail or drop something off that lets that mom and family know that they are loved and supported. It is a great idea and I am privileged to be apart of it!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure they will love recieving a letter in the mail. I have been needing to send some notes of appreciation and adoration myself, seems like a great way to spend a cloudy afternoon. No time like the present to do good deeds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost therapeutic to sit down and hand write a note!

    ReplyDelete