Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 29: Natural Medicine

I recently fell in love with a company and their philosophy. This does not happen often, I am not a shopper. I actually send blank checks to my mom and sisters to buy things for me. But a couple months ago I went to an Essential Oils class my friend had (and honestly I only initially went to spend some time with another friend of mine who was going) and the class just resonated with me. It was a class about 100% Pure Essential Oils and the uses they have. It talked about how you can completely replace your medicine cabinet with Natural Oils, and I try very hard to not take medicine or give my kids medicine anyway, so I was intrigued. I didn't buy anything at the party I went to, instead I went home and researched the company, their philosophy, their products and only after a week of intense investigation did I call my friend up and let her know that I was interested in trying some oils out and learning more. To make a long story short I love doing as much stuff naturally as possible and have had great experiences with the oils so far. So, today for my Good Human Act I am hosting two parties to share what I have learned about these Essential Oils and let others see if using Natural Remedies works for them. I enjoy, not only the oils, but the message the oils convey, that we can heal our families with stuff that Nature has provided, that the answers aren't always man made and in a child-proof container.

If you are interested in learning more about this great company and their products please email me or comment below and I would be happy to tell you more. The company is called doTERRA, which means "Gift of the Earth", which seems to be a very fitting name. Here is a bit of info on their Essential Oils:

WHAT IS AN ESSENTIAL OIL?

Essential oils are natural aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, and flowers of plants. They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant, eliciting profound emotional responses. Yet the use of essential oils goes well beyond their fragrant appeal. Used throughout history for their
medicinal and therapeutic benefits, essential oils can be used as natural alternatives in holistic self-care practices. Their unique chemistry allows them to be used aromatically and applied topically to the skin, while other essential oils can be used as dietary aids to promote vitality and well being.
dōTERRA® (meaning “Gift of the Earth”) essential oils represent the safest, purest essential oils available in the world today. 

Each of dōTERRA’s Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essentials oils is carefully extracted by a global network of skilled growers, distillers, and chemists ensuring a consistently powerful user experience. They are 100% pure aromatic extracts and contain no artificial ingredients and are tested to be free of contaminants such as pesticides or other chemical residues.

We welcome your participation in our mission to share the life-enhancing benefits of therapeutic-grade essential oils with the world. Your path to a new philosophy of wellness begins by opening a bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment