Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 37: Stop Junk Catalogs

I just want to thank everyone who has been giving me ideas. Sometimes opportunities just present themselves for Good Human Acts and sometimes I have to search for projects and it sure makes it easier and more fun doing things other people have tried or suggested, so thank you!

Today's act is from my other sister in law, Lex, she sent me a link from a website called Catalog Choice that you can unsubscribe from catalogs and other ad junkmail from specific companies. We get ads from Target, Toys R Us, CostCo, Party City and Bed Bath & Beyond, all companies we love, but none of which we use ads or catalogs from. And just from this one link I was able to cancel my mailings from all of them. A couple of the stores I had to get directed to the actual stores webpage to unsubscribe but most of them I was able to do with just a quick couple mouse clicks! Awesome idea to prevent unneeded paper mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment