Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 27: Big Brother Big Sister Curbside Donation

We got a flyer last week from the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central New Mexico saying that they will be in our neighborhood today and if you have any donations to leave them in a marked bag curbside and they will come and collect them. I have gotten flyers like this many times before and have never stopped to read it, I usually just toss it, along with the other junk mail, straight into the recycle bin. But because my brain is on Good Human Act mode I actually read the flyer, saved it, and decided it would be a great idea to help some deserving children. We almost forgot, to be honest, until this morning when I looked on my calendar and then we were all in a donation frenzy mode, it was actually pretty funny! We ended up with two bags of stuff to give ranging from toys to books, a few baby items, some women's clothes and even a few pair of shoes, a little random, but hopefully still helpful. It was a great way to start the day!
Our Curbside Donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment