Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 22: Glass Recycling

I was taking some trash out to the big containers this morning and besides our bagged trash we also had a lovely bottle to throw away. After I dumped the stuff and came back from taking my son to school I decided it was a good day to do something for the planet for my Good Human Act. With that thought going through my mind I recalled the bottle I trashed and knew immediately that I could start recycling our glass! We have talked about it so many times, but because our recyclables in Rio Rancho do not have the means for glass collection it has always seemed like too much trouble to go to recycle it. So, I googled it  to see if there were any options and found that Albuquerque recycles glass and that there is a drop-off site only  4.2 miles away from our house! YAY, who knew?! So, I found a bucket, printed a sign for it, (so it would not be confused for something else) went out to my big dumpster and fished out the glass bottle, took all the stickers and tags off, and VIOLA, I now have a glass recycling bucket in our home that I can take to the drop site whenever it gets full.

My Glass Recycling Bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment