Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 17: Shopping Cart Return

I didn't know what I was going to do for my Good Human Act today when I set out with my boys to run some errands this morning. On our way to our first stop opportunity presented itself though! We were driving through our lovely neighborhood and out of the corner of my eye I saw an abandoned grocery cart right by a jogging path through the community. I kept driving then decided to flip around and try to return it to it's store. When I stopped and opened up my car it didn't occur to me how difficult it might be to actually get it in there. I wheeled it over to my trunk area and just as I was about to heave it up, with all my might, a friendly stranger stopped and asked me if I could use a hand loading it in. I was so relieved and excited! That cart was WAY heavier than I ever would have imagined and it took some maneuvering to get it to fit, don't know if I could have done it without the help. I was then able to drive it back to it's home. Fortunately unloading it, though awkward and hefty, was much easier than getting it in, so I was able to manage alone.

Thank you helpful stranger, I really appreciate your Good Human Act allowing me to finish mine!!

Shopping Cart Going back Home


No comments:

Post a Comment