Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 20: Bake for a Cause

 I can't believe it has already been 20 days! That has absolutely flown by! For today's Good Human Act, I baked, which is a little rough on me since I just started a 100 day training program to prep for a Spartan Race in February. But I did good and only ate 1 mini muffin so I could stay on track :) It is always nice to have someone to give some treats away to after you bake, so they are not all sitting around the house begging you to eat them. Anyway, a very nice lady I know  has a sick mother and her mom's place of work is having a Craft/Bake Sale starting tomorrow and going through the weekend. Her work is donating a percentage of all profits from the sale to her, they are having a raffle where 100% of the profits will go to her and anything her daughter brings to sell she also gets to keep all of the profits. So, I baked some Pumpkin Stuesel Muffins for her to sell and help her mom out. I used a recipe from my sister's Aunt in Law for pumpkin bread and changed it to muffins and added a struesel topping, turned out really good so I will share the recipe.

Pumpkin Steusel Muffins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners. (I also made 12 mini muffins with the batter.)

Sift Together:

  • 2 1/3 cups flour
  • 11/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2  teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon cloves

Add to that:

  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
  • 2/3 cups vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cups water
Put batter in prepared pan. Top with Streusel Topping. Recipe Follows.

Streusel Topping:

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup uncooked oats
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
Mix ingredients with a fork until combined. Sprinkle a bit onto each uncooked muffin.
Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean.  Let cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans.

2 comments:

  1. Your muffins were a total hit!! Thanks again for your support!! :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad! I hope the sale went well! Hopefully we'll see you Friday and we can chat about it!

    ReplyDelete